Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Zealand is Awesome!


so beautiful


forget the name of this lake, but will update it later if anyone cares



our kiwi exp skydive group!


horrible angle, but me and Suda when the chute is open



looking at my toes from the sky




Fox Glacier from the sky


Our swanky private lodge with hot tub! (only $2 more a night)





Franz Josef Glacier



Franz Josef Glacier


Franz Josef Glacier



getting ready for the jump!






Hot Pools - 40 degrees C!






Franz Josef Glacier



2.07.10: 9 hour hike on Franz Josef Glacier - really awesome! Difficult hikes, really hot and really, really cold at times, but fun to hike around a glacier for the day! Natural hot pools immediately after, and then a low key night of cards, in preparation for my jump tomorrow!



2.08.10: wake up for a 6 am sunrise sky dive over franz josef glacier! 12,000 feet, and voted #2 best scenic sky dive by Us Skydive Association. Lots of fun, and beautiful scenery! I really enjoyed the jump. then on the bus stopping at various beautiful view points on the way to wanaka. once to wanaka we jump in the water, lay on the beach, and enjoy a nice day out.

2.09.10: start the day on the bus, stop at puzzle world, and finally make it to queenstown (adventure or extreme sport capital of the world). stop in at the original bungy site, first in the world by aj hackett, walk through museum and watch fun video on the making of bungy jumping. watch people jump from the bridge, my friend wants to bungy and asks me if I will.. think about it for a second and say "ok" - 10 minutes later I'm jumping off the bridge with her! I got a discount too since I had jumped at another AJ hackett site in Acapulco, but the jump was awesome! great pics and videos to follow. make it to queenstown and get ready for my 109m high, 60m free fall canyon bungy/swing. I did it with my friend Andy (although I got to do it for free from the contest I won) and it was awesome!! First I tried doing backflips off the platform (have really great pics but can't upload now, great video too) then went for another go (for only $39, one jump is $190 usually) and this time did what they call Gimp Boy goes to Hollywood (they have a different name for each way to go off the platform, lots of variations, very creative) where I was dangling with feet in air head to the ground and they pulled the plug and let me go. It was lots of fun and I can't wait to show you all the pics and video. Then back into Queenstown to see what all the hype is about this place and their night life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment