Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Zealand


Botanical Gardens


Rose Garden



Bridge of Remembrance





Cashel Street - shopping, eating, and drinking!

2.02.10 - 2.04.10: Arrived in Christchurch safe and sound. Hostel is great, right in the Cathedral Square area in the center of the city. It's the second largest city in NZ, but still pretty quaint, pretty, and quiet. Found out that I couldn't start the Kiwi Experience tour on the 3rd, the day I had planned (although I booked my trip Dec. 13th, grr), which now sets me back a day and I'll now have to miss one day of events in NZ to make up for that loss. Frustrating since I did it so far ahead of time, and I would have preferred to use this free day in another location, but what can ya do? (damned if you do, damned if you don't, you really just can't win'em all I suppose) So, just going with the flow with my extra day - walking around the city, laundry, catching up on sleep and planning the rest of my travels. :)







Victoria Square with statue of Captn. James Cook



Cathedral Square





Christchurch Cathedral


Starting the hop on hop off 20+ day bus trip around both islands of NZ and Fiji tomorrow, called the Kiwi Experience. From what I hear the best way to see the most of the country and it's nice to have travel and accommodation arranged for you as well as tours and an easy way to meet people, so soon I will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment