Sunday, January 31, 2010

Brisbane/Moreton Island


super bummed I didn't get to see the koalas and kangaroos (at the time), so this statue had to do... until I saw heaps and heaps of 'roos on the side of the road on the way to the airport to New Zealand! :)


HEAPS of 'roos!!



Brisbane



Moreton Island



Leaving Moreton Island by ferry - in front of the Wrecks


Brisbaine from my hostel



Moreton Island


Moreton Island

1.27.10 - 1.29.10: Spent two nights in Brisbaine, tried the bars and restaurants around the hostel. Woke up bright and early to see Moreton Island, the 3rd largest sand island in the world. It was absolutely beautiful! I'm super bummed I didn't take a pic of the first beach we went to because it was absolutely stunning, but it was fabulous anyway. Driving in the 4WD cars on the sand roads (no roads on the island!) was super bumpy and totally crazy driving, craziest road situation I've been in, people needing to be towed everywhere and so on - it was fun! Went sand boarding down this really high hill in the Desert (it was SO hot, my feet were on FIRE). Did some swimming in gorgeous clear turquoise warm water, saw some turtles and rays in the ocean from Cape Moreton Lighthouse- very beautiful views! did some more swimming at Eastern Beach and saw some dolphins playing in the waves, then had some food out of the back of the truck, then went to a freshwater lake, "Blue Lagoon" which wasn't as beautiful but I cool as it's infused with tea tree oil and in the middle of a sand island. The next day I had planned to go to the koala and kangaroo sanctuary in Brisbane before my flight out to the Whitsundays, but I had major issues with my credit card and spent about an hour on the phone dealing with that and trying to straighten stuff out so I could have money for the next few days... so I'm super bummed I didn't get to see any, but that just leaves something else to do for next time :)




Moreton Island



in the Desert - here I go sandboarding... weeeee!!!


I did it! yahoo !!



Moreton Island

No comments:

Post a Comment