Sunday, January 31, 2010

Byron Bay


fun beach day



celebrating Australia Day at Beach Hotel Bar


More Aussie day celebrations


this is my Match Day celebration - yes I'm red as a lobster, but you can see how happy I am! :) not my hat either, btw.

1.24.10-1.27.10: Byron Bay is beautiful! it's a cute little beach/surfer town (like many cities and towns on the east coast of Australia) with lots of cute restaurants and bars right on the water where there's fun waves to play in and nice white sand to lay in. Met some fun people to hang out with - actually oddly enough... so Sean, an Irish guy I met in Byron at my hostel, and I were sitting down at a computer going to add each other on facebook, and I saw we had a friend in common. I was like, "How the heck do we have a friend in common?" Turns out, the guy I spent a lot of time with in Hanoi and Halong Bay Vietnam, Tom from England, met Sean in Bali and they spent a lot of time together and became great friends. SMALL WORLD! Anyways hung out with him and a few others at the hostel for the next 3 nights... just fun beach days, being lazy then going out. Life is good! Then they were there to help me celebrate my Match Day success and we all celebrated Australia Day together with some other Aussies as well. Great people, great place, and fun times! I had planned to go to Fraser Island (one of the big touristy places in Aus) but the girl at the tourist center suggested Moreton Island as it's closer, has all that Fraser Island has but actually more beautiful (according to her) since it's less touristy, and it was cheaper so I gave it a go. Hopped on a bus and onto Brisbane!


on the phone spreadin the news :)



paddle ball and frisbee at the beach



Byron Bay


Byron Bay at sunset


last night in Byron - Australia Day!!


beach fun!

1 comment:

  1. well that's interesting.. it seems great wonderful time you have.. Byron bay is one of the amazing holidaying destinations as well as great food and
    Luxury accomadation in Byron bay … You can really have great experience by staying there … I uses go with my family every year… that’s really great place…

    ReplyDelete