Thursday, January 7, 2010

Leaving the Islands


ferry ride back to Phuket

01.04.10 - woke up nice and early to shower and pack up and check out. Did remaining shopping we each wanted to do and had a glorious breakfast with fresh fruit smmothies, great coffee and cap's, eggs toast, croissants, bakery cinnamon bread, banana-nutella pancakes and of course (not a complete meal without it) pad thai! Huge servings for about 7$ each. Leaving happy and full we took a long/fish tail boat ride to near by long beach. Scorching hot, super sunny with slight breeze, soft white sand with crystal clear blue-turquoise water - perfect last day all together. Checked out and took ferry ride back to Phuket. Enjoyed good conversation, sun bathing and our last few rounds of chang beers before we had to part ways. Ash Marisa and Jill went straight to the airport to start their journey home as I started my first leg of my solo trip. Took group bus to Crystal Inn hostel which was very nice for the price but definitely not as fun of a vibe as the back packers hostel we stayed at a few nights prior. Repacked my suit case, showered and headed out in search of a restaurant featured in lonely planet. Finally found my way there in the darkness through the bustling streets only to find it was closed/no longer in business. Disappointed and still hungry I decided to eat at the outdoor food court type place we ate at before. It was lively and filled with locals so I figured it was a good bet. Had a huge delicious dinner of pad thai and spring rolls for $3 and made my way back to the hostel. Watched some tv and fell asleep ready for my early morning the next day.

01.05.10 - early flight to Bangkok, 7 hour lay over with not much time to do anything productive (other than updating text of my blog using my iphone and getting one last delish serving of pad thai), fly to Vientiane, Laos get in around 11pm to hostel and got some shut eye.




Long Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment